Rejected Forest Rights Applications to be Reviewed
- Under the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 Individual rights for agriculture and resident; and Community Rights over common property resources of the communities are granted.
- This may play crucial role in strengthening local self governance, securing livelihood and conservation of natural resources.
- Govt has decided to review FRA rights- individual and community which were rejected.
- Govt is planning to apply the FRA Act in letter and spirit in Scheduled Area in granting forest rights, especially in connection with the livelihood of the forest dwellers.
‘Suraaji Gaon Yojana’ to Boost Villages’ Economy
- This aims to strengthen the economy of the villages.
- The focus is on Narwa, Garuva, Dhurva and Baari which will conserve, innovate and develop the rural economic landscape.
Nagarnar Steel Plant will Commence Ops Soon
- It is a upcoming steel plant of NMDC coming up located near Jagdalpur.
- A pure-play miner, NMDC had in 2009-10 conceived the Nagarnar steel plant with the intention of moving up the value chain and diversifying its portfolio.
Govt not to Merge Distt Co-op Banks with Apex Bank
- Chhattisgarh has six DCCBs: Raipur, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Jagdalpur, Bilaspur and Ambikapur
- Earlier, the BJP state government had sent a proposal to RBI for merging six DCCBs with Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Bank. Reserve Bank of India has recently also given approval for merging.
- The newly formed Congress government has decided to revert the earlier order issued by the former government.
| Cooperative Societies
1. There is duality of control over these banks with banking related functions being regulated by the Reserve Bank and management related functions regulated by respective State Governments/Central Government.
(‘Cooperation’ is a state subject. )
2. The short-term co-operative credit structure operates with a three-tier system–
#Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) at the village level,
#Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) at the district level
#State Cooperative Banks (SCBs) at the State level.