6 states sign agreement for Renukaji dam multipurpose project
- 6 states are Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand
- 3 storage projects to be constructed on the river Yamuna (Lakhwar project) and two of its tributaries – Tons (Kishau project) and Giri (Renukaji project) in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh of Upper Yamuna Basin.
- The project will also generate 40 MW of power during peak flow. It is proposed to be executed by Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (HPPCL))
Sikkim will become first state to roll out Universal Basic Income
- The 2017 Economic Survey had flagged the UBI scheme as “a conceptually appealing idea” and a possible alternative to social welfare programmes targeted at reducing poverty.
- It’s an income given to families irrespective what do they do.
Alok Verma removed as CIB Director again, Resigns
- The High-powered committee consisting of PM Modi, Justice AK Sikra who voted for his removal, while Leader of Congress Mallikarjun Kharge voted against.
- As per Supreme Court order, the Director, CBI, shall have a minimum tenure of two years, regardless of the date of his superannuation.
- Constituted under Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946
- Operates under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (DoPT).
- Selection committee consists: under The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
- Prime Minister – chairperson
- Leader of Opposition – member
- Chief Justice of India or a Supreme Court Judge recommended by the Chief Justice – member
| Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)|
1. Constituted under Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946
2. Operates under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (DoPT).
3. Selection committee consists: under The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Prime Minister – chairperson
Leader of Opposition – member
Chief Justice of India or a Supreme Court Judge recommended by the
Chief Justice – member
First manned mission to space in December 2021: Gaganyaan Mission
- Under Gaganyaan project, India is planning to send three astronauts to outer space for seven days, it could even include women.
- A GSLV Mk-lll will be used to carry the orbital module which will have necessary provisions