Just 20% of urban facelift projects complete under AMRUT Scheme
- AMRUT Scheme launched for developing urban infrastructure, has completed just 20 per cent of the total projects utilizing just 3 per cent of the total funds approved.
- Tamil Nadu is the only State that has completed more than 300 projects, while States such as Bihar and Assam have not been able to complete even one project.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban
- The government launched AMRUT in 2015 in 500 mission cities is up to March, 2020.
- It focuses on water supply, sewerage and septage management, storm water drainage, non-motorized urban transport and development of green space and parks.
AMRUT aimed at providing better infrastructure to cities with a population of more than one lakh, cities on the banks of main rivers, state capitals, cities under HRIDAY scheme, etc.