Increase the spending under District Mining Fund (DMF) Center to States
- Only 24 percent of the Rs. 23,606 crore allocated for Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) is spent until now.
- Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) is a programme launched on 17 September 2015 to provide for the welfare of areas and people affected by mining related operations.
- PMKKKY is implemented by the District Mineral Foundations (DMFs) of the respective districts using the funds accruing to the DMF from miners.
- The top five States with maximum collection are Odisha (5,838.26 crore), Jharkhand (3,426.69 crore), Chhattisgarh (3,336.29 crore), Rajasthan (2,340.05 crore) and Telangana (2,028.87 crore).
Women to get 20% jobs in Military Police
- The government has decided to induct women for the first time in Personnel Below Officer Rank, PBOR, role in Corps of Military Police.Their role would range from probing rape and molestation cases to assisting the Army wherever required.
- Currently, women are allowed in select areas such as medical, legal, educational, signals and engineering wings of the Army.