Khelo India Youth Games 2019
- The theme of the Games revolved around ‘kheloge toh khiloge’ (if you play, you will prosper).
- The Khelo India Youth Games 2019 concluded at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex (Pune)
- The host Maharashtra leading the medals table with 85 Gold, walked away with the Overall Trophy
- Haryana with 62 Gold, stood at second place.
Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival Declared ‘State Festival’ of Arunanchal
- CM, Pema Khandu declared Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF) as the “State Festival” during a valedictory ceremony of the 4th edition of the festival.
- This was celebrated for the first time in 2015 to recognize the role played by the resident Nyishi tribe in conserving hornbills in the Pakke Tiger Reserve (PTR).
- The Hornbill Festival celebrated every year from 1 – 10 December in Nagaland is the most famous bird festival in North East India.
Flamingo Festival Celebrated in Pulicat Lake
- Flamingo Festival is a 12-year-long tradition, held in Pulicat Lake Andhra Pradesh.
- The highlight of this fest is the sight is nearly 80 varieties like flamingos, which arrive from as far off as Siberia and the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat.