Current Affairs 30 Jan, 2019

cg current
Share this post:

Dongargarh included under center’s PRASAD Scheme

  • National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) to beautify and improve the amenities and infrastructure at pilgrimage centres of all faiths.
  • Ma Bambleshwari Temple is the main attraction in the city besides it is situated on the Mumbai-Howrah train route.
  • With Hindus, Dongargarh is the center of faith for the Buddhist, Jain and Christian.
  • The main tourist centres are:
    • Statue of God Chandragiri on Bhagwan Mountain (Jainism)
    • Cross Mountain (Christianity)
    • Statue of Tribal God
    • Jata Shankar Temple (Hinduism)

Further Reading

Chhattisgarh Govt suspends MISA detainees’ pension

  • Chhattisgarh Government on Tuesday suspended the pension for those jailed under Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) and Defence of India Rules (DIR) during Emergency period, 1975-77.
  • Around 300 MISA detainees’ were getting monthly pension of Rs 25000
  • The Govt suspends the pension from February onwards for physical verification of detainees

Further Reading

First ‘Natural Kosa Sanctuary’ in Chhattisgarh soon

  • The First Natural ‘Kosa Sanctuary’ will come up in Kuhera-Rakhi area of Atal Nagar region .
  • The Sanctuary area is around 200 hectares and has maximum Arjuna plants, the leaves of which are consumed by the kosa moth caterpillar. 
  • In the Sanctuary, for release of ‘Dabha’ kosa moth caterpillars will be released through six release camps per year.
  • The estimated production is around 40 lakh cocoons. Out of which that is 80% (means 32 lakh cocoons) will be collected by beneficiaries of the villages. Remaining 20% will be utilised as germplasm in the Sanctuary itself.

Further Reading

Please follow and like us:
admin

Author: admin