UAE, Saudi central banks to launch common digital currency called ‘Aber’
- The central banks of the UAE and Saudi Arabia announced the launch of a common digital currency called “Aber”
- It will be used in financial settlements between the two countries through Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers technologies.
- They are studying the impact on the improvement and reduction of remittance costs and the assessment of risks through Aber.
Suman Kumari became the First Ever Female Hindu Civil Judge in Pakistan
- Suman Kumari became the first Hindu woman to be appointed as a civil judge in Pakistan after passing an examination for induction of judicial officers. .
- The country’s first judge from the Hindu community was Justice Rana Bhagwandas, who served as the acting Chief Justice for brief periods between 2005 and 2007.
- In 2018, Mahesh Kumar Malani became the first non-Muslim to be elected on a general seat in the National Assembly while a Thari woman, Krishna Kumari, was elected in Pakistan’s Senate elections.