ICICI Bank Terminates Chanda Kochhar
- ICICI Bank decided to terminate the contract of former Managing Director and CEO Chanda Kochhar
- The board also decide toretrieve bonuses paid to her from April 2009 to March 2018.
- She was found guilty in an internal probe conducted by the bank for violating its code of conduct in connection to the ICICI-Videocon loan case.
- She was alleged to have got ICICI Bank to lend money to the Videocon Group around the same time when its founder and chairman Venugopal Dhoot invested in Deepak Kochhar’s company.
- She has received many national and international awards. She was featured in the list of ‘30 Most Powerful Woman Leaders’ for eight consecutive years from 2002 to 2010. In 2011, she was conferred with Padma Bhushan award, among others.
Indus River Dolphin Declared as Punjab’s State Aquatic Animal
- Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh declared one of the rarest mammal, Indus River Dolphin, which is only found in Beas River ,as Punjab State Aquatic Animal.
- Punjab has Black Buck as its state animal.
Asian Development Bank Acquires 14% Stake in Annapurna Finance
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) bought 14% stake in micro-financier Annapurna Finance.
- Annapurna Microfinance Pvt. Ltd (AMPL), one of the fast growing NBFC-MFI in the country