India Withdraws Pakistan’s ‘Most Favoured Nation’ Status
- India has withdrawn ‘Most Favoured Nation’ (MFN) to Pakistan after the terror attach in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmr in which 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CPRF) personal lost their lives.
- MFN is a status or level of treatment under WTO rules, accorded by one nation to another in international trade to ensure non-discriminatory trade between all partner countries of the WTO.
- It makes sure that any country with this status avoids any disadvantageous situation in comparison to the other partners in trade.
- India granted MFN status to Pakistan in 1996.
AntBot, The First Walking Robot Moves without GPS
- AntBot is the first walking robot to have navigational capabilities without GPS or mapping.
- It has been designed by France on lines similar to desert ants that use polarized lights and UV radiation to navigate in space.
- Desert ants’ extraordinary navigation talent relies on: the heading measured using a sort of “celestial compass” to orient themselves using the sky’s polarized light, and the distance covered, measured by simply counting steps and incorporating the rate of movement relative to the sun measured optically by their eyes.