UAE launches Permanent Residency ‘Golden Card’ Scheme
- The United Arab Emirates launched a permanent residency scheme to woo wealthy individuals and exceptional talents, a move that could attract more Indian professionals and businessmen to the Gulf nation.
- The Golden Card offers unprecedented benefits to the cardholders and their families while creating an attractive environment for business and growth.
- The new initiative will attract greater foreign investment and stimulate the local economy, making it more efficient and attractive for investors.
- This came after Saudi Arabia approved Green Card ‘Privileged Iqama’.
First Arabic Writer Jokha Alharthi Won Man Booker Prize
- The first Omani woman and Arabic writer to win the Man Booker International Prize, Jokha Alharthi makes a strong case for art and artistry.
- Her novel ‘Celestial Bodies’ tells the story of three sisters of a family with detours into Omani society and history.
- Alharthi and her translator Marilyn Booth were jointly awarded the Man Booker International Prize 2019 for Celestial Bodies.