Lisbon to host the Second UN Ocean Conference in 2020
- United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has decided to hold Ocean Conference 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal from June 2 to 6, 2020 with a theme of “Scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions.”
- It will be co-hosted by the Governments of Portugal and Kenya.
- The objective of this conference is to support the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14 (SDG 14) which stated as to conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- The 1st United Nations Ocean Conference took place on June 5th-9th 2017 at UN HQ, New York, which sought to mobilize action for the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources.
Lewis Hamilton Grabs Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) of United Kingdom has won the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona.
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) stood at the second spot.
- This win took him back to the top spot of the world championship ranking with 112 points, ahead of Valtteri Bottas who is on 105 points.
|Grand Prix 2018
|British Grand Prix
|German Grand Prix
|Singapore Grand Prix
|Russian Grand Prix
|Japanese Grand Prix
|United States Grand Prix
|Abudhabi Grand Prix
|Grand Prix 2019
|Australian Grand Prix
|Chinese Grand Prix
|Spanish Grand Prix
NASA to Name 2024 Mission to Moon as ‘Artemis’
- The National Aeronautics and Space Organization (NASA) is set for its Mission to Moon “Artemis” which is set to be achieved by 2024.
- The Mission is named ‘Artemis’ after the Greek mythological goddess of the Moon and twin sister to Apollo, namesake of the program that sent 12 American astronauts to the Moon between 1969 and 1972.
- This Mission has committed to take a female astronaut to the surface of the moon for the first time.
- NASA is also planning to reach Mars by 2033.