1. Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh is the leading producer of which one of the following minerals?
1. Iron ore
3. Copper ore
2. Which one of the following iron and steel plant is located neither on iron ore area nor on coalfield but approximately at the midway between them?
3. Which of the following ranges is the most recent one?
2. Vindhyanchal Range
3. The Himalayas
4. The Eastern Ghats
4. In which of the following States Sundarvan mangrove is located?
2. West Bengal
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. Which of the following industries uses bauxite as a principal raw material ?
4. Ferro manganese
6. Which of the following is the leading soyabean producing state?
2. Madhya Pradesh
3. Uttar Pradesh
7. In which of the following states population of Scheduled Tribes is largest in the country in 2011?
3. Madhya Pradesh
8. Which one of the following types of migration has controlled* (should be contributes) most in population movement in India in 2017?
1. Rural to rural
2. Urban to rural
3. Rural to urban
4. Urban to urban
9. Who formed the ‘Satya Shodhak Samaj’?
2. Keshavchandra Sen
3. Pandita Ramabai
4. Jyotiba Phule
10. Who among the following established the Department of Archaeological Survey?
1. Lord Curzon
2. Lord Minto
3. Lord Hardinge
4. Lord Chelmsford
5. Alexander Cunningham
Correct Answer is Alexander Cunningham, which was not included in the options.
11. Which one of the following rulers did not combine towards the expansion of Buddhism?
4. Pushyamitra Shunga
The Buddhist texts state that Pushyamitra cruelly persecuted the Buddhists.
12. Who of the following rulers’ constructed a road from East Bengal to Peshawar called Sadak-E-Azam?
4. Sher Shah
Sher Shah Suri, the medieval ruler of the Sur Empire, is credited with rebuilding the road in the 16th century. He laid out the road, which was referred to as Shah-Rah-e-Azam (The Great Road). The Mughals later extended the road further east to Chittagong and west to Kabul and referred to the road as Sadak-e-Azam.
13. Which ruler founded the city of Agra?
1. Sikander Lodi
3. Feroz Tuglaq
5. None of these
It was re –designed when the Mughal Rule took over in the 15th Century. The Mughal ruler called Sultan Sikander Lodi founded it in 1504.
14. At the time of National Movement who started ‘Dash Roja’ periodical?
1. Mohammad Ali Jinnah
2. Abdul Gaffar Khan
3. Lala Lajpat Rai
4. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
15. What was the name of the newspaper published by Mahatma Gandhi in South Africa?
1. The Indian Opinion
2. National Herald
4. The Pioneer
5. None of these
16. Measures of distribution of income:
1. Philip Curve
2. Lorenz Curve
3. Marshall Curve
4. Lafer Curve
Philip Curve: The Phillips curve is an economic concept developed by A. W. Phillips stating that inflation and unemployment have a stable and inverse relationship.
Lorenz Curve: The Lorenz curve is a graphical representation of income inequality or wealth inequality developed by American economist Max Lorenz in 1905.
Marshall Curve: An extension of Marshall’s theory of the price elasticity of demand to foreign trade. In the long term, consumers will adjust to the new prices.
Lafer Curve: The Laffer Curve is a theory developed by supply-side economist Arthur Laffer to show the relationship between tax rates and the amount of tax revenue collected by governments.
17. Which Committee recommended abolition of tax rebates under Section 88?
1. Shome Committee
2. Chelliah Committee
3. Rangarajan Committee
4. Kelkar Committee
18. Economic Survey of India is related to
1. Planning Commission
2. Reserve Bank of India
3. Ministry of Finance
4. Finance Commission
Economic Survey is the flagship annual document of the Ministry of finance. It gives a detailed account of the various sectors of the economy and overall economic scenario of the country in the past years and provides an outline for the year ahead. Increasingly it has also become a forum for analysis and research on the economy, and hence also a source of policy ideas.
India’s first Economic Survey was presented in the year 1950-51. Up to 1964, it was presented along with the Union Budget. From 1964 0nwards, it has been delinked from the Budget.
19. Which of the following may be a possible pH value of an acidic solution?
The pH scale measures how acidic or basic a substance is. It ranges from 0 to 14. If a pH is lower than 7 it indicates the solution is an acid. If it is above 7 it is a base or Alkaline. If a pH is a 7 it is neutral.
20. When a ray of light travels from a denser medium to a rarer medium then
1. It speeds up and bends away from the normal
2. It speeds up and bends towards the normal
3. It slows down and bends away from the normal
4. It slows down and bends towards the normal
Refer Law of Refraction.
21. The basic difference between an AC generator and a DC generator is that
1. AC generator has an electromagnet while a DC generator has permanent magnet.
2. AC generator has slip rings while the DC generator has a commutator
3. DC generator will generate a higher voltage
4. AC generator will generate a higher voltage
22. What will be happened if President summons for the joint session of Parliament and in the meantime Lok Sabha dissolved?
1. Join session will be held in scheduled time
2. Joint session will be cancelled
3. Joint session will be held after composition of New Lok Sabha
4. Bill will be lapsed
According to Article 108: If there has been a deadlock between the Houses regarding a Bill but the LS is somehow dissolved, the Bill lapses
But if the President has already notified the intention to summon a joint sitting and the LS is dissolved before the joint sitting has actually taken place, the Bill doesn’t lapse and the joint sitting takes place anyway.
23. Which of the language is not included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution?
14 languages were initially included in the Constitution. Subsequently, Sindhi was added in 1967; Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali were added in 1992; and Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santali were added in 2003
24. Who certifies the money bill?
4. Council of Ministers
Speaker has unquestionable powers to decide if a Bill is a Money Bill or not. It cannot be ed in any court.
25. Which of this is the legislative power of the President according to constitution?
1. To summon the session of Parliament
2. To prorogate the session of Parliament
3. To adjourn the meeting of Parliament
4. To promulgate ordinance
Legislative power of the President: 1. Summoning, Prorogation, Dissolution 2. The Opening Address 3. The Right to Address and to send Messages 4. Nominating Members to the Houses 5. Laying Reports, etc., before Parliament 6. Previous sanction to legislation (for certain bills) 7. Assent to legislation and Veto, etc.
26. What are the restrictions in the freedom to manage religious affairs in the Article 26 of the constitution?
i) Public Order
ii) National Security
1. (i) (ii) (iii)
2. (ii) (iii) (v)
3. (ii) (iv) (vi)
4. (i) (iv) (v)
Article 26 Freedom to manage religious affairs: Subject to public order, morality and health, every religious denomination or any section thereof shall have the right- (a) to establish and maintain institutions for religious and charitable purposes; (b) to manage its own affairs in matters of religion; (c) to own and acquire movable and immovable property; and (d) to administer such property in accordance with law.
27. In which article of the constitution the Adult Suffrage is recognized?
1. Article 324
2. Article 325
3. Article 326
4. Article 327
Article 326 of Constitution of India deals with Elections to the House of the People and to the Legislative Assemblies of States to be on the basis of adult suffrage
28. In which article of the constitution ‘Equal Protection of Law’ is provided?
1. Article 12
2. Article 13
3. Article 14
4. Article 15
Article 14 of the Constitution of India provides for equality before the law or equal protection within the territory of India.
29. Who won the election for the post of President Maldiv in September, 2018?
2. Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
3. Manu Atri
4. Rashid Khan
30. Which country has won the SAIF Suzuki Cup 2018 Football Competition?
3. Sri Lanka
The South Asian Football Federation Championship or SAFF Championship is the main association football competition of the men’s national football teams governed by the South Asian Football Federation.
31. Which country’s Human Development Index rank is first as per Human Development Report 2018?
India climbed one spot to 130 out of 189 countries in HDI 2018. India’s HDI value increased from 0.427 to 0.640, an increase of nearly 50 percent – and an indicator of the country’s remarkable achievement in lifting millions of people out of poverty.
32. In October 2018, which Economists has been appointed as Economic Counselor and Director of the IMF’s Research Department?
1. Raghuram Rajan
2. Geeta Gopinath
3. Y.M. Deosthalee
4. C. Rangarajan
33. Which Abhiyan has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th September , 2018?
1. Jhum Cultivation
2. Ayushman Bharat
3. Blue Economy
4. Swachhata Hi Seva
34. Who has been awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2018 for weightlifting?
1. Virat Kohli
2. S. Mirabai Chanu
3. Niraj Chopra
4. Manoj Sarkar
35. In which state Halam, Notiya tribes are mainly seen?
36. In which year ‘Bio Diversity Act’ was passed in India?
37. Who is the Chief Justice of High Court of Himachal Pradesh?
1. Acharya Deovrata
3. Girish Sahani
4. Shekhar Mande
38. In which city ‘Rastriya Vyosree Yojana’ for senior citizen’s is started in 2017?
It was first launched in Nellore (Andhra Pradesh). It was launched from Nagpur in Maharashtra. The Scheme aims at providing physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
39. Name of the light combat aircraft developed by India :
40. Which one of the following is a microbial insecticide?
1. Bacillus thuringiensis
2. Bacillus subtilis
3. Bacillus polymyxa
4. Bacillus brevis
Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt), soil-dwelling bacterium that naturally produces a toxin that is fatal to certain herbivorous insects. Bt is also the source of the genes used to genetically modify a number of food crops so that they produce the toxin on their own to deter various insect pests.
41. Baking soda is
2. NaHCO3. 6H2O
The difference between baking soda and washing soda is water and carbon dioxide. Baking soda’s chemical makeup is NaHCO3 whereas Washing soda’s chemical makeup is Na2CO3.
42. Geo stationary satellite revolves at
1. Any height
2. At fixed height
3. Height above pole
4. Height which depends upon its mass
A geostationary satellite is an earth-orbiting satellite, placed at an altitude of approximately 35,800 kilometers (22,300 miles) directly over the equator, that revolves in the same direction the earth rotates (west to east).
Geostationary orbits fall in the same category as geosynchronous orbits, but it’s parked over the equator. While the geostationary orbit lies on the same plane as the equator, the geosynchronous satellites have a different inclination.
43. The doctrine of Apurva is related to
Apurva literally means ‘not existing previously’. The word ‘apurva’ is a technical term employed by the Purva-mīmāmsā system of philosophy which advocates the performance of all the prescribed Vedic rituals as the only means of obtaining the summum-bonum of life.
44. The author of ‘Vinaya – Patrika’ is
Vinaya Patrika (Letter of petition) is a devotional poem composed by the 16th-century Indian poet, Goswami Tulsidas, containing hymns to different Hindu deities especially to Lord Rama in extreme humility (Vinaya).
45. Who accepts only Perception?
Also called Lokayata (Sanskrit: “Worldly Ones”), a philosophical Indian school of materialists who rejected the notion of an afterworld, karma, liberation (moksha), the authority of the sacred scriptures, the Vedas, and the immortality of the self. Of the recognized means of knowledge (pramana), the Charvaka recognized only direct perception (anubhava).
46. Who is propounder of Nyaya Philosophy?
It is important for its analysis of logic and epistemology. The major contribution of the Nyaya system is its working out in profound detail the means of knowledge known as inference (anumana).
47. Syadvada’ is related to
The doctrine that all judgments are conditional, holding good only in certain conditions, circumstances, or senses, expressed by the word syāt (Sanskrit: “may be”). The ways of looking at a thing (called naya) are infinite in number.
48. Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
49. The Indian Institute of Remote sensing is located at
50. When is International Yoga Day celebrated?
1. 2 April
2. 21 June
3. 5 June
4. 21 May
5. None of these
An international day for yoga was declared unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UN address suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
51. Raipur district is not from the following :
1. District have maximum population
2. District have maximum male population
3. District have maximum rural populaton
4. District have maximum male female ratio of population
52. Drama theatre constructed in Sitabengra cave is loacted at
4. None of the above
53. Constructed by Shri Laxman Deo Rai :
2. Narayan Temple
3. Bhandaldeo Temple
4. Deorani Temple
Built by Shri Laxman Dev Rai, its an artistic blend of religious and erotic sculptures, the ‘Khajuraho of Chattisgarh’, was built in the 11th century AD.
54. Albama Hill located at
1. The west of Bijapur upland
2. The east of Bijapur upland
3. The north of Bijapur upland
4. The south of Bijapur upland
55. What is the factor of Tropical cyclone in the month of May?
1. Cyclone of Bay of Bengal
2. Western disturbance
3. Local temperature variation
4. North eastern winds
56. Which of these is a creation of Thakur Jagmohan Singh?
2. Shyama Swapn
3. Khoob Tamasha
4. Bastar Bhushan
57. Akum and Todi is a muscial instrument of which category?
1. Percussion instrument
2. String instrument
3. Wind instrument
4. None of these
58. Kaksar is a dance of which tribe?
59. Who is the author of book ‘Chhattisgarh Parichay’?
1. Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi
2. Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh
3. Baldeo Prasad Mishra
4. Pyarelal Gupta
60. Babu Rewaram was resident of which place?
He was a writer during Kalchuri Kingdom at Ratanpur. His popular creations are Twarikh-e-Haihayvanshiy, Gita Madhav, Vikram Vilas, Ratna Pariksha, Narmadakantak, Dohavali, Ratnapur Itihas, etc.
61. The following persons were posted as ‘Subadars’ in Chhattisgarh during the Maratha rule?
1. Vithal Dinkar
2. Keshav Govind
3. Bikaji Gopal
4. Mahipatrao Dinkar
Select the correct chronology of them:
1. 1, 2, 3, 4
2. 2, 3, 4, 1
3. 3, 4, 2, 1
4. 4, 1, 2, 3
1. Vithal Dinkar: 1790-96, European visitor Mr Blunt visited during his time 2. Keshav Govind: 1797-1801, European visitor Kolbrook visited during his time 3. Bikaji Gopal: Subsidiary Alliance between Britisha and Maratha during his time 4. Mahipatrao Dinkar: 1787-90, European visitor Forester visited during his time
62. Match the following (Events and Years) :
List – I List – II
A. Merger of C.G Railway in Bengal Nagpur Railway 1. 1893
B. Construction of Rudri Barrage 2. 1887
C. Establishment of St. Paul’s School in Raipur 3. 1938
D. Opening of Chhattisgarh College in Raipur 4. 1912
Select the correct answer:
1. A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4
2. A-2, B-4, C-1, D-3
3. A-3, B-1, C-2, D-4
4. A-4, B-2, C-3, D-1
63. Match the following (Leaders of Chhattisgarh imprisoned during Quit India Movement of 1942 and places)
List – I List – II
A. Tretanath Tiwari 1. Malkapur
B. Raghunandan Pd. Singhrol 2. Raipur
C. Amar Singh Sahgal 3. Bilaspur
D. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla 4. Durg
1. A-4, B-1, C-3, D-2
2. A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
3. A-3, B-2, C-1, D-3
4. A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3
64. Who of the following Muslim leader accompanied Mahatma Gandhi on his arrival in Chattisgarh in 1920?
1. Maulana Muhammad Ali
2. Maulana Shaukat Ali
3. Maulana Azad
4. Maulana Rahmat Ali
Gandhi visited Chhattisgarh during 20-21 Dec, 1920 accompanied by Maulana Shaukat Ali. He was invited by Pt Sundarlal Sharma during Calcutta Session to participate in Kandel Satyagraha.
65. Read the following statements :
1. On 8th August 1941 the volunteers of Chhattisgarh participating in Individual Satyagraha were arrested near Lalitpur.
2. Jwala Prasad Mishra and Yadunandan Prasad Shrivastava were among these volunteers.
3. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla was the leader of these volunteers.
Select the correct answer:
1. 1, 2 and 3 are correct
2. 1, 2 are correct
3. 2 and 3 are correct
4. 1 and 3 are correct
66. At which place Jajalladev Mahotsava organised?
Jajalladev of Kalchuri Kingdom founded Jajallapur (presently Janjgir).
67. What is the total duration of Bastar Dashahara?
1. 105 days
2. 15 days
3. 70 days
4. 75 days
68. When is Ganga Dushahara celebrated?
Ganga Dussehra, also known as Gangavataran, is a Hindu festival celebrating the avatarana (descent) of the Ganges. It is believed by Hindus that the holy river Ganges descended from heaven to earth on this day.
Ganga Dussehra takes place on Dashami (10th day) of the waxing moon (Shukla Paksha) of the Hindu calendar month Jyeshtha. The festival celebration lasts ten days, including the nine days preceding this holy day.
69. When is Bade Bhajan Ramnami Mela held?
70. What growth rate of Gross State Domestic Product at constant price is estimated for this state in the year 2017-18?
71. In which year, the percentage of Own Tax Revenue to Total Revenue of this state is least during the period 2014-15 to 2017-18?
72. Which of the following is a primitive tribal group?
4. None of these
Primitive Tribes in CG: Abujhmaria, Baiga, Birhor, Pahari Korwa, Kamar
73. Halbi is related to which language family?
4. None of these
74. Which of the following is not a name of ‘Bhaji’ (leaf vegetable)?
75. Which of the following is not an utensil?
76. Kishore Sahu Samman is awarded by Chhattisgarh Government is for which of the following fields?
Kishore Sahu was born in Rajnandgaon, appeared in 22 films between 1937 and 1980. He directed 20 films between 1942 and 1974. Manoj Verma of Raipur was honored with the first Kishore Sahu Award 2018 for his remarkable contributions to Chhattisgarh Cinema.
77. What does “Nankan tura , bulak bulak ke par bandhay’ signifies?
2. Niddle & thread
4. None of these
78. What does ‘Parra bhar lai, agaas bhar bagarai’ signifies?
1. Flower garden
4. None of these
79. Which of the following is not a language of Bastar region?
Sadri (Nagpuri) is an Eastern Indo-Aryan language spoken in the Indian states of Jharkhand, Bihar, Northern Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
80. ‘Naat’ is famous with the name of which tribe ?
Bhatri, spoken by Bhatra Tribe, is an independent language which is considered an extension of Chhattisgarhi and Haldi language, which also has a strong influence on Oriya language. Most of the Bhatra Nat concentrates on the stories of Mahabharata, Ramayana and mythical narrative.
81. ‘Paik’ is related to which tribe?
The Kawars trace their origin from the Kauravas of the Mahabharata, who were defeated by the Pandavas at the great battle of Hastinapur. They say that only two pregnant women survived and fled to the hills of Central India, where they took refuge in the houses of a Rawat (grazier) and a Dhobi (washerman) respectively, and the boy and girl children who were born to them became the ancestors of the Kawar tribe.
They derive their name from Paik, a foot-soldier, and formerly followed this occupation, being employed in the armies of the Haihaivansi Rajas of Ratanpur. They still worship a two-edged sword, known as the Jhagra Khand, or ‘Sword of Strife,’ on the day of Dasahra.
82. ‘Dhumkuriya’ is a youth dormitory of which tribe?
83. What is the power generation capacity of Madwa Tendubhata thermal power house Janjgeer – Champa of Chhattisgarh state?
1. 500 MW
2. 840 MW
3. 1000 MW
4. 440 MW
84. Which is the major source of power in Chattisgarh?
1. Thermal power
2. Hydro power
3. Solar power
4. Wind power
85. Which sector has major role to accelerate industry’s economic growth rate of Chhattisgarh State during 2012-13 to 2017-18 period?
1. Mining & Quarry
3. Electricity, Gas & Water supply
86. Which mineral has major role to maximize the revenue income through minerals in this state in the year 2016-17?
87. In which district Chhattisgarh Swadesh Darshan Scheme was inaugurated by tourism board in September, 2018?
The country’s first tribal tourism circuit was today inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Tourism K J Alphons in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh.http://www.newsonair.com/Main-News-Details.aspx?id=352827
88. How many female MLA are elected in Chhattisgarh Assembly in December, 2018?
89. Which candidate from Chhatisgarh has scored 99.9% in CAT for the admission in Indian Institute of Management?
1. Mohit Sharma
2. Jaishri Bansal
3. Rakesh Padmavat
4. Rakesh Shrishrimal
Rashi Shrimal from Raipur scored 99.9 percentile to top in Chhattisgarh.
90. Election was held on 20 Jan, 2014 for a Gram Panchayat. Its first meeting was called on 10 Feb, 2014. Thereafter Gram Panchayat was dissolved on 20th Feb 2016. Election was held on 15th May 2016 for New Gram Panchayat and its first meeting was called on 25th May 2016. What shall be tenure of the new constituted Gram Panchayat?
1. 20th Jan, 2019
2. 10th Feb, 2019
3. 15th May, 2021
4. 25th May, 2021
Elections are held for the remaining term only.
91. What is correct:
i) In a Gram Panchayat there can be more than one village.
ii) Meeting of Gram Sabha held in each village.
iii) Meeting of Gram Sabha held in the headquarter of Gram Panchayat.
iv) Meeting of Gram Panchayat held in each village.
v) Meeting of Gram Panchayat held in the head quarter of Gram Panchayat
1. (i) (iii) (iv)
2. (ii) (iv) (v)
3. (ii) (iii) (iv)
4. (i) (ii) (v)
92. What is not legal?
1. An MLA who is ex-officio member of Janpad Panchayat can nominate representative to participate in the meeting.
2. A member of Lok Sabha who is ex-officio member of Zila Panchayat can nominate representative to participate in the meeting.
3. A member of Rajya Sabha who is ex-officio member of Zila Panchayat can nominate representative to participate in the meeting
4. A woman Sarpanch can nominate her husband to participate in the meeting of Gram Panchayat and Janpad Panchayat.
93. In which district “Danteshwari Maiyya Co-operative Sugar Producer Factory Limited” is established in C.G?
Sugar Factories in CG: Bhoramdev Cooperative Sugar Factory: Ramhepur (Kabirdham) Danteswari Maiyya Govt Sugar Factory: Karkabhata (Balod) Maa Mahamaya Govt Sugar Factory: Kerta (Surguja)
94. Who administered the oath of the office of Anandi Ben Patel who was given additional charge of Governor of Chhattisgarh state?
1. Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi
2. Justice Prashant Mishra
3. Justice M.M. Shrivastava
4. Justice Sanjay K.Agrawal
Chief Justice of High Court or in his absence senior most Judge of that court administers the oath to the Governor.
95. In the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly Election 2018, how many constituencies were being polled?
96. In September, 2018 which New Broad Gauge Electrified Railway Line was approved by the Union Cabinet?
1. Ambikapur – Jashpur
2. Manendragarh – Dalli Rajhara
3. Dalli Rajhara – Chirmiri
4. Katghora – Dongargarh
97. Who was selected as India’s Miss Trans Queen of Mandir Hasaud Raipur in October, 2018?
1. Parima Mandal
2. Veena Sendre
3. Manki Bothare
98. Which member of newly constituted Chhatisgarh Legislative Assembly was previously professor of Political Science?
1. Umesh Patel
2. Ashish Kumar Chhabra
3. Laxmi Dhruw
4. Sarita Tekam
99. Match the List – A with List – B
List- A List- B
(Name- MLA) (Constituency)
A. Rudra Kumar Guru i. Sihawa
B. Devendra Bahadur Singh ii. Lormi
C. Dr. Laxmi Dhruw iii. Basna
D. Dharmjeet Singh iv. Ahiwara
Select the correct code :
1. A-i B-iv C-ii D-iii
2. A-ii B-iii C-i D-iv
3. A-iii B-i C-iv D-ii
4. A-iv B-iii C-i D-ii
100. Shri Rampukar Singh, appointed as Protem Speaker in newly constituted Legislative Assembly, represents which constituency?