Chhattisgarh Govt Declared Holidays on Hareli, Teeja and Karma Jayanti
- Chhattisgarh Govt has declared public holidays on significant regional festivals- Hareli, Teeja and Karma Jayanti.
- Celebrated as the first festival of Chhattisgarh, it is a celebration of greenery and harvest, celebrated in the Amavasya of Savana month.
- After sowing and transplanting paddy, farmers worship their agricultural tools and wish for a good harvest.
- Children and youth walk on the ‘Gendi’ made up of bamboo to spread joy and enthusiasm.
- On the day blacksmith put Neem leaves and iron nails on the door to protect the home from undesirable incidents.
- Teeja is a festival of women which they celebrate in their maternal home for longer life and good health of her husband.
- Women observe fasting without taking water and food for the day.
- On the day, they worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- It is also known as ‘Hartalika’, celebrated in the month of Bhado.
- It is celebrated mainly by Sahu Community in Chhattisgarh to worship their adorable Bhakt Mata Karma Devi.
- Women from the community carry Kalash on their head to spread the message of Mata Karma.
‘Mehrar Cho Maan’ New Flight for Tribal Women
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) and Dantewada district has started an innovative programme ‘Mehrar Cho Maan’ which in local language means ‘Woman’s Self Respect’.
- Women self help groups of two blocks in Dantewada are preparing sanitary napkins, prepared after conducting ground research in local conditions. They then explain the women on importance of its use and then distribute it to them free of cost.
Memo against De-Limitation Process submitted to SEC
- BJP submitted a memorandum to State Election Commission (SEC) Thakur Ram Singh against the alleged irregularities in the de-limitation process of urban.
- The issues highlighted are:
- De-limitation is based on 2011 census, which is impractical in 2019, as in the near future again delimitation process has to be carried out based on 2021 census.
- Some villages and panchayats should have been included within urban areas because villages adjacent to urban areas remain under-developed.
- After delimitation process, ward name and number will change in Aadhar Cards issues to the resident, which would lead to a problem of amendment of Aadhar cards for one and all.
- During the de-limitation process, names of wards have been changed but total number of wards is the same, under such situation what is the necessity of name changing.
Yoga Ambassador Damini brought laurels for Chhattisgarh
- Yoga Brand Ambassador of Chhattisgarh Miss Damini Sahu has won 2 silver medals in World Yoga Festival in Bulgaria.
- Three participants from Chhattisgarh were part of 19 participants’ Indian team, who participated in the festival. All won silver medals in different categories.
- She is from Kurud, Dhamtari and her father is a labour.