Govt ordered Celebration of ‘Hareli’ on Wide Scale
- The government has also decided to celebrate this agriculture festival on a wide scale to conserve and protect Chhattisgarhi culture on August 1.
- Rural sports competitions, cultural programmes and food competitions will be the highlights of this year’s ‘Hareli Tihaar’ to be celebrated in every Gram Panchayats, Blocks, Districts and at State level.
- Celebrated as the first festival of Chhattisgarh, it is a celebration of greenery and harvest, celebrated in the Amavasya of Savana month.
- After sowing and transplanting paddy, farmers worship their agricultural tools and wish for a good harvest.
- Children and youth walk on the ‘Gendi’ made up of bamboo to spread joy and enthusiasm.
- On the day blacksmith put Neem leaves and iron nails on the door to protect the home from undesirable incidents.
15th Central Finance Commission Team visited State
- A 6-members 15th Central Finance Commission Team led by its FC President Shri N K Singh, visited Chhattisgarh.
- They will review the development activities of the state by visiting field, talking to officers and elected representatives.
|Finance Commission (Art 280)|
|To be constituted by the President every fifth year or earlier to recommend him on: |
1. Distribution taxes between Center and the States
2. Principles to govern grants-in-aid out of the Consolidated Fund
3. The measures needed to augment the Consolidated Fund of a State to supplement the resources of the Panchayats and municipalities (on Finance Commission of the State’s recommendation)
4. Any other matter referred by the President in the interests of sound finance.
Chandrasekhar Sinha participated in West Asia Baseball Cup in Sri Lanka
- West Asia Baseball Cup was organized in Sri Lanka, in which Indian team won Bronze medal by achieving 3rd position. Sri Lanka and Pakistan won the Gold and Silver medals, respectively.
- Chandrasekhar Sinha from Rajnandgaon was a part of the team.
- Lakhan Lal Dewangan from Bhilai was also included in the team.
Aditya and Vikas from CG in Team Chandrayaan-2 Mission
- which was launched from Sriharikota Island.
- India joined the select team of a few countries which has the ability to land a vehicle on the Moon. The countries are- Russia, USA and China.
Chief Minister Baghel to be Vice-Chairman of Central Zonal Council
- Chief Minister Baghel would be the Vice-Chairman of the Central Zonal Council replacing UP CM Yogi Adityanath, whose term has expired on 6 July this year.
- The Inter-State Council Secretariat under Home Ministry, has issued the order for the appointment.
- The Central Zonal Council, comprises the States of Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
- The Vice-President has the term of one year.
|1. As per recommendations of The State Reorganization Act, 1956 five zonal councils were formed as non-Constitutional agencies promoting the cooperation between the States and the Center: Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western, Central and North-Eastern (1971).|
2. The Union Home Minister acts as the ex-officio Chairman of all the Councils and Chief Minister acts as the ex-officio Vice-Chairman in rotation.
3. Its members are the CMs and two ministers nominated by the Governor of the respective States. Each Council has a separate Secretarial Staff with Chief Secretary in rotation of the member States.
Demonstration Power Plant coming up at Sipat
- NTPC Limited and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for forming a Joint Venture company, to set up a 800 MW Technology Demonstration Plant (TDP) at NTPC’s existing power plant in Sipat, Chhattisgarh.
- The demonstration plant shall be based on the Advanced Ultra Super Critical (AUSC) technology which marks a significant improvement in operational parameters over contemporary supercritical technology.
- The plant shall be the most efficient power plant in the world, once it becomes operational, resulting in reduction of carbon dioxide emission by about 20 per cent as compared to the conventional sub-critical technology.
Chhattisgarh leads in processing of Solid Waste
- Chhattisgarh and Telangana processed the largest percentage of solid waste they generated in 2018 (until November), according to data provided to Parliament last week.
- Chhattisgarh generated a total 601,885 MTPA (metric tonne per annum) of waste, and was able to process 84% of it. The corresponding numbers for Telangana were 2,690,415 MTPA and 73%.
- Maharashtra generated the largest quantum of solid waste- 8,22,38,050 MTPA- and processed 44% of it.
- For 2016-17, at all India level, it is estimated that the total generation of solid waste is approximately 1,50,000 T/day, of which 90% was collected. Out of the waste collected, 20% was processed while the remaining 80% went to dump sites.