Dharsinwa, Gurur Blocks earmarked for Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- Under Jal Shakti Abhiyan sponsored by the Union Government, various public awareness programmes and water conservation related activities will be undertaken in Dharsinwa block of Raipur and Gurur block of Balod district in the state.
- Ground water recharge, water conservation and water harvesting, rejuvenation of water bodies, works related to watershed and plantation drive are among such programmes which would be conducted.
Son Chirai, Suposhit Janani and Prabal Schemes launched in Korba
- The District Administration has taken up these schemes to be funded by DMF which focuses on improving the health and nutrition levels in the district.
- ‘Son Chirai’ Scheme (Adolescent Girls):
- Launched as a pilot project in Katghora Block of Korba District aims to improve health and nutritional status of girl students of Class 9 to 12. It also targets personality development of the students.
- They will be provided nutritious food on the lines of Mid Day Meal Scheme which covers classes 1 to 8.
- Girls’ toilets, sanitary pad vending machines with incinerators, and regular health check- ups will be provided to the girls.
- ‘Suposhit Janani’ Scheme (Pregnant Women and
- Ttargets better health and nutrition of pregnant women and mothers.
- They will be receive jaggery and peanut laddu and an egg on daily basis.
- Prabal Scheme (Children):
- Focuses on 0-5 years of children
- They will be provided protein and vitamin rich food in Anganbadi Centers.